Loading and Unloading
Washington or Idaho – PortaBox Storage presents you with the premium self-storage alternative for all your needs!
Packing with Care
The key to storing or shipping your items successfully is determined by how you pack your boxes and how you load your storage container. Consider using quality packing supplies. You’ll find the cost of supplies is small when compared to the cost of repairing or replacing broken or damaged belongings. The basic guidelines for smart packing are:
- Wrap furniture with furniture pads or bubble wrap. When securing padding to your furniture, do not use tape directly on wood or painted surfaces.
- Remove legs from furniture if possible. Place wing nuts or screws in envelopes or plastic bags and tape to the underside of furniture.
- Coat fine wood furnishings with wax to protect against scratches.
- Move dressers with contents in drawers to avoid packing again. Secure drawers to keep from opening during transit.
- Consider hiring a specialist for packing and loading a piano.
- Whenever possible use the original shipping boxes for packing computers, printers, and other electronic items. You might even consider double boxing. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for packing these items when available.
- Immobilize moving parts and remove all detachable cables and wires. Color code or label wiring for easier reinstallation. Tape electrical cords to back of appliance to prevent plug damage. Wrap each piece with bubble wrap.
For more information on packing contents and loading your container please print our handy Packing Tips Guide:
Pleas call your local PortaBox Storage center for information regarding help with loading or unloading your containers.